Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, October 14, 2016

i am a bougie girl: Choosing Spinsterhood

choosing spinsterhood long sleeve T-Shirt

There comes a time in every woman's life when she has to admit to herself that she would rather choose spinsterhood then settle for a BS relationship and/or marriage. My decision to choose spinsterhood came after a few failed engagements and the keen observation that I was gripped more by the desire to be a mother than to have a husband.

For the past couple of years, I have struggled with the guilt of not really wanting to be married at all. I have no idea what would have happened if my engaged relationships would have resulted in a marriage. Perhaps, I would have just smiled, gave it my all and ignored the nagging voice inside of me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Bougie Girl