Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Ten Monologues For Women:Monologue #10- Writing Our Love Story








I had it all outlined in my head. Our love story. The tale that would conquer all love stories coming before or after it. It is a story of opposites attracting, falling in love, and staying together forever.

Alas, it didn’t really turn out that way.

Instead, I ended up getting dumped two weeks before our wedding sans a proper explanation.

He mumbled something about not being ready after all and that was it. It turned out to be a blessing.

Life with him would have severely stunted me in too many ways to count.

I fell in love with the man I knew that he could be. But, not the man he actually was. Not a good thing in the long run.

 It was only going to lead to disappointment for both of us.

At first, I was upset because I felt as though he didn’t fight for our relationship.

 He just walked away because he felt overwhelmed with his feelings towards me.

"I am not ready for this relationship aka I just don’t wanna be with you."

Years of passed by and now I can see what a blessing our breakup was. I ended up on this whole other path because of it. So, as I write our love story.

 I know that it will be short and abrupt but, on the other side of it I found clarity like I have never known.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Bougie Girl