Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, December 4, 2015

We'll Always Have Newport: Chapter 17-Sailing Into New Waters




(February 2011)

The Super Bowl is on and I am standing in a kitchen full of people whom I have never met before. It is my first night as a member of this 20-30 something meetup group which I technically am a couple of years past their cut off age.

However, after explaining my situation to the group organizers, they usher me in with hugs and sympathetic words. A couple of them are Naval officers and they have seen just about everything during their time in the military.

The general consensus of the group is that relationships and the military don't always go hand in hand. Of course, I knew this but hearing from folks in the military lightens my heart.


I spend hours chatting with several people about life in New England versus the Midwest. One of my fellow party-goers hails from the Midwest as well. We hit it off instantly and joke with another as though we have known each other all of our lives.

I leave the party feeling ecstatic and looking forward to spending more time with these new acquaintances. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Bougie Girl