Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Writer's Nook Envy




I am in the process of creating a Writer's Nook for my townhouse. This task is so  Gen X/hipstery that I feel a little sheepish about even blogging about it. Yet, it must be mentioned because this simple task has turned into a huge undertaking.

My new townhouse has a spacious basement which upon first glance seemed like a great place to set up an office and a workshop. Setting up the work table and supplies went pretty smoothly.

However, the drafty basement has proved to be a not so great location for my writer's nook. Also, it is a windowless space which after awhile made me feel as though I was in some sort of lock down situation.

So, I moved my writer's nook upstairs and this space is definitely more conducive for working. Though, my makeshift printer tables pushed together a long with the dining room chair screams "first apartment out of college chic".

At age 41, I would like to move past that decor and into something a lot more sophisticated.

Alas, cash flowing farm house renovations and getting out of debt has to take precedence over grownup furniture. More than likely, I will end up surfing Pinterest for inexpensive options which add a more mature feel to my writer's nook.


No comments:

Post a Comment