Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

February Spanish Challenge...


I survived my January 2015 Vegetarian Challenge. Now, I am in the midst of a new challenge. For the month of February, I am taking steps to brush up on my Spanish language skills, which have been sorely neglected of late.

A few times a week, I write my Facebook posts completely in Spanish. In addition, I also listen to the daily news in Spanish. The first few days of this challenge were a bit uninspiring to me. The Spanish language has been a part of my life for over 26 years.

This endeavor feels more like a review than an outright challenge.  Yet, I have been more mindful in the ways in which I communicate in Spanish. I catch myself listening intently to the newscasters take on the world events without seemingly feeling the need to write down the unfamiliar idioms. Somehow, I just seem to intuitively know what they are  saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Bougie Girl