Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, January 30, 2015

If You Are Reading This...


If you are reading this, it means that nostalgia, regret, and a bit of alcohol have brought you back into my realm. You are still struggling with the way things ended between us. Well, sometimes I struggle a bit with it as well. I recall happy times and the eternal laughter which seemed to surround us on the good days...and the emptiness which arrived on the day that you left. 

These words are not a revelation to you because we hashed everything out about 2 reconciliations ago. We both mistakenly believe that if enough time passes that I will magically submit all parts of myself to you. In turn, you will stop letting past relationships poison ours.

 But, after a couple of  well-intentioned months, old patterns emerge.

I feel you itching for your freedom and I happily grant it to you. You are relieved but, a little hurt that I would release you so easily. You assume that I never loved you in the first place. Alas, I beg to differ. Love is the reason that I always let you go.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Bougie Girl