Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, November 27, 2014

My Holiday Battlecry: I Can Live With That...


Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Are you slaving over a hot stove? Trying to coordinate the  activity schedule for the entire weekend? How many petty disagreements are erupting all around you? Has your onset of newly found assertiveness caused an unexpected rift this holiday season?

Well, I have been where you are standing. The phrase that finally set me free from years of guilt and anguish is "I can live with that".

Even the simple act of  typing out the phrase "I can live with that" makes my heart reflexively soar.

I am empowered each time that it leaves my lips.

I am no longer a pawn in someone else's vision of what the holidays and/or family togetherness should be.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Bougie Girl