Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Mommy and Daughter Pic

I am a lot like my mother. We are both headstrong, independent, and virtually fearless. However, we differ on our approach to conflict. She grew up during the pre-Civil Rights Era and she is not afraid to escalate a situation. Whilst, my first instincts a Gen-Xer is to find common ground with the opposing party and go from there.
As a result, we have clashed fiercely in certain situations. She accuses me of being too calm in the face of insults. In my view, she is itching to stir up conflict just for the sake of doing so.
These days, we get along better than ever.
It has taken us about 40 years to somewhat  understand   our respective ways of dealing with conflict.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Bougie Girl