Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Bougie Girl In The Kitchen: Flavor Triad- Ground Ginger, Lemon juice, and Honey

 

 I am a firm believer in jazzing up standard dishes using a creative, yet complimentary mix of flavors. My latest triad of flavors consists of  freshly squeezed lemon juice, ginger, and honey. Over the next week or so, I am creating recipes using the afore-mentioned ingredients.

The goal of this immersion is to take my recipe creating skills to the next level. So far, I have added these ingredients to chicken, beef, tater tots, and pork. The results have been amazing! The ground ginger gives the recipe a kick, the lemon juice adds an extra layer of zing, and then the honey seems to bind it all together.

These ingredients are strong enough to stand on their own, so I only have to add a small amount of them to each of the respective recipes.  In addition, this particular flavor triad is inexpensive and relatively easy to find in most grocery stores.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Bougie Girl