Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, November 4, 2016

i am a bougie girl: Butterfly With Injured Wings



I am a butterfly whose wings were once caught up in the branches of a tree.

Each escape attempt, resulted in my wings sustaining massive damage. After a couple of years, I gave up hope of every living the tree alive. I learned to be content with my limited surroundings. I watched others live out their lives from the vantage point of my prison.

Eventually, the branches gave way and my wings were finally freed. But, they are not the same wings that my flew me into this forest. They barely move and I am unable to soar the way in which I once did. 

My fellow butterflies assure me that I will back to my normal flying routine in no time but, I do not believe them. The scars my wings will take a long time to heal. Now, I have to figure out a way to navigate life whilst waiting for my wings to heal.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Bougie Girl