Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, April 22, 2016

Kansas Uncut: A Season of Date Nights

(October 2015-Present)

The first date is a quick appetizer which turns into a 3 hour session of chatting and laughing.

The second date takes awhile to materialize because of family obligations on my end. To his credit, he is very understanding about the chaos that is my life right now. We end up going to lunch, serenading each other in the aisles of a record shop, and then puttering around a chain bookstore. Neither one of us wanted the date to end.

The next few months are a haze of museum trips, dining out, long car drives, movies, and concerts. For the first time in four years, I focus on  building a life here in the Midwest. Those feelings of failure which I subconsciously associate with moving back to Kansas are evaporating by the moment.

I am really settling into this place.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Bougie Girl