Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, April 9, 2016

Kansas Uncut: Oh, Give Me A Dwelling...Near Public Transportation


(September 2012)

People love their cars here and cannot fathom the concept of actually using public transportation. Granted, public transportation here is not great. Which is surprising to me, since the KCMO area is not exactly super small.

Nevertheless, I still desire to rent a dwelling located near a bus line. Even as a car owner, there are times in which I just want to hop on a bus and watch the city go by. Apparently, Monday through Friday in Johnson County, this will not pose a problem. Alas, on Saturdays and Sundays there is no bus service to be found here.

I have toured a few apartments here and all of them have the standard issue beige wall to wall carpeting, blinds covering the windows, an unexciting views of suburban thoroughfares.

There are also places in the area with the requisite hardwood floors and gorgeous views but, they are way out of my price range. After pounding the pavement for a couple of weeks, I settle on a large 2 bedroom, 2 bath apartment with a balcony in a suburb that borders the Kansas City metro area.

I am reticent about my future here. I still think that another place is calling for me to return.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Bougie Girl