Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Kansas Uncut: Between Small Town and Cultural Center

(October 2012-August 2013)





For better or worse, there is no place like your hometown. I have spent the past 18 years, visiting this place from my various residences around this great nation. Yet, I never really took the time to reacquaint myself with its roads, landmarks, and other local treasures.

Now, I am a full time resident and struggling to navigate my way around this familiar yet, foreign place. I know the names of streets but, not necessarily the directions in which they run. I do know that my apartment is between Overland Park and the Plaza neighborhood of Kansas City.

This small bit of knowledge is helpful in getting me to where I need to go. I still cannot get over how many cool shops and cafes have sprung up since my absence. The vibe here now is that of a city at a crossroads between small town and cultural center.

I am still not entirely sold on spending more than a year or two here.

Washington DC still seems to beckon me... and I do so want to heed its call.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Bougie Girl