Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Saturday Night Getting Out Of Debt House Party


My sad "I have to cut my lifestyle down to nothing" face.
It's Saturday night and I am hanging out at home. This is the price that I am more than willing to pay in order to get out of debt. Like many people, I have student debt that has been hanging around for years.

I had a habit of paying off small student loans and taking cross-country trips as a way of "celebrating" my victories. Ironically, these "celebrations" cost most more than the debt that I had paid off.

About 6 months ago, I started focusing more attention on paying off my student debt. After crunching some numbers, I realized that my student debt could be paid off in 2.5 years. The catch? I would have to drastically cut my lifestyle and my travel down to nothing. Which in my early 40's, I am definitely ready to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Bougie Girl