Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, April 10, 2015

Lemon Ginger Paella








 For the past couple of weeks,  I have been  exploring cooking with miso soup. It started innocently enough with slow cooking bison sliders in miso soup.

The miso soup brought the bison to a new place flavor wise. I added a dash of lemon juice and ginger to the bison and it was super yummy.

It has inspired me to continue down the path of cooking with miso soup. My present miso challenge consists of making a paella inspired dish using short grained brown rice.

I cook 3 cups of  brown rice per the instructions on the bag. Once, the rice has finished cooking, I drain it in a colander and run water over it. Then, I place it in a large skillet and mix in about 2 cups of miso soup.  I add in  2 tablespoons of lemon juice and toss in 8 small pieces of sliced fresh ginger. I place the burner on a low flame and cover the pan. I let the paella cook for about an hour. Stirring it about every 15 minutes.

This dish tasted so good that I had to stop myself from eating it all in one setting.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Bougie Girl