Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, May 31, 2013

Privilege Police


Privilege Police Stickers
Privilege Police Stickers by Bougie Girl Apparel



Privilege lurks everywhere. You never know when it will jump out of the bushes and tackle you. I have certainly found this out the hard way. I spent a majority of my childhood mired in the chains of my brown-skinned femaleness.

Yet, to some my athletic build and reasonable attractiveness makes me part of the privileged class. Funny,  I don't feel "privileged" when mall security follows me around solely on the basis of my skin color.

Still, the self-appointed  cadre of Privilege Police demands that I carry around guilt for all those whom will never benefit from the comeliness of their appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Bougie Girl