Skip to main content

Warning: I Will Hijack Your Youth...
Warning: I Will Hijack Your Youth... by Bougie Girl Apparel


You have spent your entirely young life trying to appease me in some form or fashion. I have not made it easy for you to do so. In fact, I have done everything in my power to ensure that you never feel secure within our relationship. I draw you in and then just as quickly push you away. I like watching you scramble around trying to find the quickest way back into my good graces. The truth is that I do not have any good graces to speak of whatsoever.

You have yet to figure out that our relationship is just a game for me. On our wedding day, I will not have thoughts of our life together but, of how long it will take me to train your replacement.
By my estimation, it will take us a few years to grow our family. During this time, I will become the man of your dreams so, much so that you will fail to notice that I am slowly distancing myself from our family. Out of the blue, I will file for divorce right before our 15 year anniversary. It will come from left field and there will be nothing that you can do to "win" me back.

I have in essence "hijacked" your dreams and your youth. Do I feel an ounce of remorse for wasting 15 years of your life and saddling you with 3 kids?

Well, of course not.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writer's Nook Envy

I am in the process of creating a Writer's Nook for my townhouse. This task is so  Gen X/hipstery that I feel a little sheepish about even blogging about it. Yet, it must be mentioned because this simple task has turned into a huge undertaking.

My new townhouse has a spacious basement which upon first glance seemed like a great place to set up an office and a workshop. Setting up the work table and supplies went pretty smoothly.

However, the drafty basement has proved to be a not so great location for my writer's nook. Also, it is a windowless space which after awhile made me feel as though I was in some sort of lock down situation.

So, I moved my writer's nook upstairs and this space is definitely more conducive for working. Though, my makeshift printer tables pushed together a long with the dining room chair screams "first apartment out of college chic".

At age 41, I would like to move past that decor and into something a lot more sophisticated.

Alas, cash flo…

Lots Of Irons In My Fire...

The past few months have been hectic in a good way. Years of personal growth, soul searching, and planning have come to fruition. Though, everything is not completely in place yet. I am definitely moving in the right direction.

I know this because the obstacles which were firmly in my way before seem to be stepping aside for me. The Universe seems to have given its blessing to this more evolved path that I am walking. Of course, this is not to say that there will not be challenges along the way.

But, I have learned over the years how not to allow challenges to become permanent barriers. Challenges are meant to guide us in the right direction. Unfortunately,they can occur without prior warning and despite having a solid contingency plan in place. Been there. Done that.

It has only been within the past few years that I have truly learned to embrace the wisdom which can come from challenges and unforeseen delays. A few years ago, several challenges swept into my life and seemed to take …

I am a bougie girl: Bold Statement Necklace

This necklace requires some sass and a little fashion imagination