Skip to main content

Irrevocable Endings


Irrevocable Endings
Irrevocable Endings by Bougie Girl Apparel

It just needed to end and unlike our past partings...this one is gonna be forever. There will be no casual touchbacks or coincidental-but-not-really-run-ins out in public. 

This is our final round.

I can't recall the day in which I completely lost respect for you. It might have been after one of our many screaming matches.

 After we made up, I realized that I much preferred being without you. Frankly, I no longer wish to waste precious time with someone whom I had outgrown five years ago. Yet, I didn't know how to let you go. I admit that I played games to keep you waiting for me. It felt so comforting to barge back into your life and find you still waiting for me. My ego loved it but, my heart had grown numb to our love.

After awhile, it became apparent that I no longer found you special anymore. Probably because I had mined out all of your inner sparkle and convinced you that I was the primary source of it.  I feel badly about the way I seem to always discard you whenever something shinier steps into my path. 

Please know that  this ending is indeed irrevocable. I will no longer scare off any of your potential suitors,  I am changing my phone number, and blocking your access to me in general. 

The only way for me to move forward is to not allow you to come back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writer's Nook Envy

I am in the process of creating a Writer's Nook for my townhouse. This task is so  Gen X/hipstery that I feel a little sheepish about even blogging about it. Yet, it must be mentioned because this simple task has turned into a huge undertaking.

My new townhouse has a spacious basement which upon first glance seemed like a great place to set up an office and a workshop. Setting up the work table and supplies went pretty smoothly.

However, the drafty basement has proved to be a not so great location for my writer's nook. Also, it is a windowless space which after awhile made me feel as though I was in some sort of lock down situation.

So, I moved my writer's nook upstairs and this space is definitely more conducive for working. Though, my makeshift printer tables pushed together a long with the dining room chair screams "first apartment out of college chic".

At age 41, I would like to move past that decor and into something a lot more sophisticated.

Alas, cash flo…

Lots Of Irons In My Fire...

The past few months have been hectic in a good way. Years of personal growth, soul searching, and planning have come to fruition. Though, everything is not completely in place yet. I am definitely moving in the right direction.

I know this because the obstacles which were firmly in my way before seem to be stepping aside for me. The Universe seems to have given its blessing to this more evolved path that I am walking. Of course, this is not to say that there will not be challenges along the way.

But, I have learned over the years how not to allow challenges to become permanent barriers. Challenges are meant to guide us in the right direction. Unfortunately,they can occur without prior warning and despite having a solid contingency plan in place. Been there. Done that.

It has only been within the past few years that I have truly learned to embrace the wisdom which can come from challenges and unforeseen delays. A few years ago, several challenges swept into my life and seemed to take …

I am a bougie girl: Bold Statement Necklace

This necklace requires some sass and a little fashion imagination