Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Free-writing Series: The Rewriting Process


Back in 2007, I wrote a romance novella entitled: "Dirk's Decision" during National Novel Writing Month. I wrote this novella during a more tumultuous time in my life. Writing felt like the only solid thing that I had going on in my life.

Over the years, I have vowed to edit this novella and it just hasn't happened...until now.

Currently, I am reading the rough draft version of this novella on my podcast Bougie Girl Story Hour. Each time I read from it, I seem to find a grammatical and/or a  style error which, I somehow missed back in 2007. 

Admittedly, there is a part of me that wants to completely scrap this story and go onto something else.

Yet, I know in my heart that immersing myself into the rewriting process will be good for my psyche in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment