Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Honesty Dialogues: The Ex Tax


(A man and woman are seated across from one another at a kitchen table. They are in a spirited discussion.)


Man:
So let me get this straight...you don't want to get back together.

Woman:
Exactly.

Man:
Why not? We were good together. During our relationship, my life felt right.

Woman:
That's nice. But, you seemed to have forgotten the hell you put me through.

Man: What do you mean?

Woman:
Well, let's start with the daily 3 hour conversations about what a horrible woman your Ex is. Then, perhaps, afterwards we can discuss how all of your life's problems can be directly attributed to your Ex. And then maybe, we can chat about how she is never going to let you go and she stirs up trouble in all of your relationships by using your children as weapons against you.

Man:
Wow, now you are just being mean-spirited.

Woman:
Which part of my last statement contained mean-spiritedness?

Man:
It's not her fault that she is the way she is.

Woman:
Of course it's not. Besides, I wasn't in a relationship with her. I was in one with you.
 (Pause) Well, I guess she was also in the relationship. That's why I had to leave you. It got  a little too crowded.

Man:
I don't love her anymore. You're the one I want to be with.

Woman:
Sure, I am the one whom you want to be with until things get rocky and then you run to her. But, you only stay long enough to get your ego properly inflated. Apparently, you do not have enough true confidence in yourself as a person to handle being with someone healthy. So, over the years you use your Ex to boost your ego. But, an inflated ego is a poor substitute for true belief in oneself.  Perhaps, one day you will learn this.

Man:
Whatever. She's ten times better than you anyway.

Woman:
Really? Is that why you keep leaving her?

Man:
Shut up.

Woman:
Look, I have no ill-will towards you. I just don't wish to ever reconcile with you.

Man:
You'll be back.

Woman:
Don't count on it. By the way, give my regards to your Ex. Also, be sure to tell her that she can stop stalking my Facebook page.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Bougie Girl