Skip to main content

Honesty Dialogues: Discard Pile


Discard Pile
Discard Pile by Bougie Girl Apparel

(A Male Interviewer is sitting in an overstuffed chair on a sound stage in front of a live studio audience. A pleasant looking woman named Jenny is sitting in an overstuffed chair across from the Male Interviewer. The Female Guest is on the show to discuss her  Ex's monologue.)

Male Interviewer:
Today's show is a response to the concept of being an Ex for a reason. Please welcome my guest Jenny to the show.
(The audience applauds politely.)

Jenny:
Thanks for having me on the show.

Male Interviewer:
Just a little while back you were on the receiving end of a somewhat scathing monologue by your Ex-husband. In that monologue, he revealed that you two were still um, having relations. Also, that he was ready to move on with his life.

Jenny:
It was quite a monologue.

Male Interviewer:
What was going through your mind at the time of his rant?

Jenny:
I was in shock. I mean we had this perfect little arrangement and I really thought that we would get back together.

Male Interviewer:
So you thought that if you went along with this arrangement he would eventually agree to marry you again?

Jenny:
Yeah. I mean, I knew that he was still on the dating scene but, he wasn't serious about any of those women. He had me and the kids. We are his family.

Male Interviewer:
Had he ever explicitly told you that he was going to reconcile with you?

Jenny:
He said that he missed being a family with us. I just assumed that he was getting himself together to return to us.

Male Interviewer:
He mentioned that his lack of maturity as being the main reason why he  kept the tryst going. How did it make you feel to hear him say that?

Jenny:
I was in shock. I always thought it was because we were each other's first love. You never lose that connection. We were just to young and selfish the first time around. 

Male Interviewer:
Would you also say that you felt like you had power of the situation because of the kids?  In fact  these trysts were a way for you to sabotage his chances of moving on?

Jenny:
(Muttering)
Damn, you're good. Yeah, I thought that I could keep him hemmed up in mental games long enough, he would eventually just cave in and stay with us.

Male Interviewer:
When did you realize that this behavior was only going to backfire on you?

Jenny:
To be honest, I never thought that it would. I could keep him so distracted that he would cave in and come back to us.

Male Interviewer:
But, he never really left the kids. He was visiting them on a regular basis. It was you that he divorced.

Jenny:
(Quietly)
Wow, way to mince words... He's right. We are exes for a reason and no matter how many ways I try to use the kids as leverage or beg him to come back. He's still my Ex and if he wanted to be back with me then, nothing could keep him away.

Male Interviewer:
Just to be clear, your Ex is not a saint in the situation. He knowingly led you on for a long time. That was wrong of him. He didn't hang onto you out of love. It was his own lack of maturity and fear of the unknown which kept in stringing you along. This is not to say that you are not lovable...you deserve more than your Ex was ever going to be able to give you. Even if you reconciled with him, a huge part of you would always resent how he treated you.

Jenny:
You are right. It just felt like if I completely let him go then, I would have to admit that I feel like he just discarded me. (Pause) Like something that he didn't want anymore and it made me feel worthless.

Male Interviewer:
You are far from worthless. Always remember that.

Jenny:
I will. I promise.







 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writer's Nook Envy

I am in the process of creating a Writer's Nook for my townhouse. This task is so  Gen X/hipstery that I feel a little sheepish about even blogging about it. Yet, it must be mentioned because this simple task has turned into a huge undertaking.

My new townhouse has a spacious basement which upon first glance seemed like a great place to set up an office and a workshop. Setting up the work table and supplies went pretty smoothly.

However, the drafty basement has proved to be a not so great location for my writer's nook. Also, it is a windowless space which after awhile made me feel as though I was in some sort of lock down situation.

So, I moved my writer's nook upstairs and this space is definitely more conducive for working. Though, my makeshift printer tables pushed together a long with the dining room chair screams "first apartment out of college chic".

At age 41, I would like to move past that decor and into something a lot more sophisticated.

Alas, cash flo…

Lots Of Irons In My Fire...

The past few months have been hectic in a good way. Years of personal growth, soul searching, and planning have come to fruition. Though, everything is not completely in place yet. I am definitely moving in the right direction.

I know this because the obstacles which were firmly in my way before seem to be stepping aside for me. The Universe seems to have given its blessing to this more evolved path that I am walking. Of course, this is not to say that there will not be challenges along the way.

But, I have learned over the years how not to allow challenges to become permanent barriers. Challenges are meant to guide us in the right direction. Unfortunately,they can occur without prior warning and despite having a solid contingency plan in place. Been there. Done that.

It has only been within the past few years that I have truly learned to embrace the wisdom which can come from challenges and unforeseen delays. A few years ago, several challenges swept into my life and seemed to take …

I am a bougie girl: Bold Statement Necklace

This necklace requires some sass and a little fashion imagination