Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Honesty Monologues: Nothing Special


NOTHING SPECIAL fuji_plate
NOTHING SPECIAL by Bougie Girl Apparel

He thinks the world of me and why not? I am amazing after all. Alright, perhaps amazing is too strong of a word. But, I am definitely wonderful in my own right. What does he know anyway? I am like his first serious girlfriend and he's almost 30. I totally am gonna get a wedding ring out of this situation No matter what happens, I get to set the tone of his relationships forever. I love having this type of power of someone!

Just wait until we have kids, then I will be in total control for at least 20 years. His family totally hates me and for good reason. They see right through my glossed over semi-raggedy facade. And if he were honest with himself, he knows exactly who I am and what I am about. 

However, it's like he needs to have me on this elevated pedestal which truth be told even on my best day I could never even find the staircase to.

Yet, for some reason he is chooses to cling to the dream that I am someone worth sharing a life with.

But, we both know that I am nothing special.


1 comment:

  1. I thought this was soo honest...it gave me chills. Sometimes looking at the reflection in the mirror can be painful but there is joy in knowing that someone appreciates what looks at them...even if it is an allusion. The heart loves what it loves...

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Bougie Girl