Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Bougie Girl In The Kitchen: Tater Tot Casserole


I spent last Saturday night playing board games with a big group of friends. I love our Game Nights because it is a chance for all of us to unwind and have fun. In addition, there are always seems to be some yummy food on hand.

This time was no exception.I feasted on a bunch of different culinary offerings including  multi-layered dip, red velvet dessert, and chocolate cookies just to name a few.  What can I say? My friends really know how to bring their "A" game to the food table.

Not wanting to be outdone, I brought a tater tot casserole. Just what's in a tater tot casserole? I am glad that you asked. Basically, I marinated tater tots in lime juice, extra virgin olive oil and black pepper.

 I baked them per the directions on the bag. While they were baking, I sauteed Baby Bella mushrooms, Spanish onions, with a spritz of lemon juice in a  pan  on the stovetop.

After the tater tots were finished, I placed them into a  resealable plastic container and mixed in the mushrooms and onions. I stirred a handful of mozzarella cheese into the plastic container.

The tater tots were definitely a hit at the party!  Guests commented  favorably on both the crispiness and flavor of the tater tots. I was lucky to get scoop of them before they were gobbled up.



2 comments:

  1. Those are some amazing tots! Can't wait for the next game night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the kind words. I am planning on doing an Asian inspired version of the tots. I am going to marinate the tots in honey, lime, and ginger.

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Bougie Girl