Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Bougie Girl In The Kitchen: Pasta Poverina


Ah, pasta! 

I remember the lean years in which I consumed you in some form or fashion. This was long before you earned that bad rap for being fattening. But, for this former struggling college student, you were an answered prayer! 

My recipe for Pasta Poverina is an ode to you. I start out by boiling water per the instructions on the pasta box. ( In this instance, I am using mostaccioli. However, you can use just about any type of pasta noodle for this dish.)

Next, I add chopped up Baby Bella mushrooms,  sliced Spanish onions,  and capers to a small pan with  2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil in it. I cook them over a low flame for at least 5 to 7 minutes. 

I turn my attention back to the mostaccioli. After it finishes cooking, I drain the mostaccioli and place it in a medium saucepan. Afterwards, I mix in marinara sauce (usually the least expensive jar) along with the mushrooms, onions, and capers. I add cracked black pepper and a couple of  tablespoons of lemon juice.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Bougie Girl