Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Good Woman Dialogues

(This is a continuation of Dialogues About Getting It Together.)





Bougie Girl:
Hello Maria. How's everything going?

Maria:
I am good. Life is definitely interesting to say the least.

Bougie Girl:
How so?

Maria:
Well, I am on somewhat of a speaking basis with Dan. I forgave him for his cowardly behavior in how he broke things off.

Bougie Girl:
That's definitely a step in the right direction.

Maria:
Yeah, it wasn't easy at first. I was so hurt by how he just up and left without an explanation. I blamed myself for a long time.

Bougie Girl:
Why did you blame yourself?

Maria:
I thought that if I were needier and more toxic that he would have stayed around. He admitted to me that he was used to dating women whom were anchorweights. That's never going to be me. I can stand on my own and at the same time be supportive of my man.

Bougie Girl:
Do you feel as though Dan just couldn't appreciate that about you?

Maria:
Dan appreciated it about me but, I think that he resented it at the same time.

Bougie Girl:
When's the last time you heard from Dan?

Maria:
I met him for lunch last week.

Bougie Girl:
And?

Maria:
We talked things out and I felt pretty good about our conversation.We both agreed that we still loved each other. He apologized profusely and I accepted his apology.

Bougie Girl:
Are you guys going to get back together?
Maria:
Who knows? I know that I am not going to wait around for a man whom is unsure as to whether he wants to move on from his past. I am a good woman but, I just don't know if I am the right woman for Dan.

Bougie Girl: (cringes)
That's gotta be tough to deal with.

Maria:
It is. Yet, acknowledging the possibility is freeing. I love him so much but, at the same time these are his issues. I can't love these issues out of his psyche. So, I just have to take a step back and start in a new direction. If it is meant to be then we will find one another on the path and it will work out.

Bougie Girl:
Very true. Sometimes, a rejection is the Universe's way of guiding us towards a healthier situation.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Bougie Girl