Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Freewriting Series: I Have Crazy Hair. And. So. What.


My favorite picture ever! My hair has a mind of its own!!

My hair has a mind of its own. It always has and it always will. Sometimes, people stare at me in awe because of the sheer wildness of my hair.

Fortunately, I made peace with my hair years ago.

Ironically, the people whom seemed most offended at my crazy hair are other Black women.

Especially, those whom are rockin' weaves. Several years ago, a  Sista, (whom I did not know)  sashayed up to me ( bouncing weave and all) and advised me to spend more money on better quality extensions.

After I informed her that the craziness on top of my head was actually my hair, her original look of horror turned to envy.  She then proceeded to reach over and tug on my hair to make sure that I was telling the truth.

Once, satisfied that I was indeed being truthful...she tossed me an evil look and stalked off in the opposite direction.

Once she was out of earshot, I let out a huge belly laugh at the absurdity of the entire situation. I wondered how she would have felt had I advised her to embrace the beautiful wackiness of having highly textured hair.

Would she glance upon my long hair albeit crazy hair and feel insulted by my well-meaning advice because hers doesn't grow the same way?













No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Bougie Girl