Skip to main content

Honesty Monologue: I Attract What I Am...But, I Don't Like What I Attract


I want to meet a woman whom will love me and treat me with respect. I want woman whom will bring out the best in me. Someone whom I can be proud of.

Yet, I do not generally attract those type of women. I attract anchorweight chicks whom stalk me through out the day. They want me to validate their whole existence during every moment of the day. They drive me up the wall but, time and again, I seem to attract them.

The truth is that anchorweights are easy to find, simple to dispose of, and they are also interchangeable. I am in control of these anchorweight relationships and that was fine during my younger years.

However, now I am about a whole lot more than where the next party is and which movie is playing this weekend at the Cineplex. I want a woman that can match me on my intellectual level and is not afraid to call me out on my BS. I want woman  that wants to be with me out of love and not financial necessity.

Yet, anytime that I get remotely close my ideal woman...I make sure to sabotage it by acting like a jackass.

Afterwards, I find another anchorweight and start the whole cycle all over again. I am aware of my pattern and the way it is impeding my ability to have a lasting healthy relationship. I can't help myself though. I guess when it comes down to it, I don't feel as though I deserve anything better than an anchorweight.

I need to man up and realize that kickin' it with anchorweights is blocking true love from entering my life. I also need to love myself enough to take a step towards healthier relationships.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writer's Nook Envy

I am in the process of creating a Writer's Nook for my townhouse. This task is so  Gen X/hipstery that I feel a little sheepish about even blogging about it. Yet, it must be mentioned because this simple task has turned into a huge undertaking.

My new townhouse has a spacious basement which upon first glance seemed like a great place to set up an office and a workshop. Setting up the work table and supplies went pretty smoothly.

However, the drafty basement has proved to be a not so great location for my writer's nook. Also, it is a windowless space which after awhile made me feel as though I was in some sort of lock down situation.

So, I moved my writer's nook upstairs and this space is definitely more conducive for working. Though, my makeshift printer tables pushed together a long with the dining room chair screams "first apartment out of college chic".

At age 41, I would like to move past that decor and into something a lot more sophisticated.

Alas, cash flo…

Lots Of Irons In My Fire...

The past few months have been hectic in a good way. Years of personal growth, soul searching, and planning have come to fruition. Though, everything is not completely in place yet. I am definitely moving in the right direction.

I know this because the obstacles which were firmly in my way before seem to be stepping aside for me. The Universe seems to have given its blessing to this more evolved path that I am walking. Of course, this is not to say that there will not be challenges along the way.

But, I have learned over the years how not to allow challenges to become permanent barriers. Challenges are meant to guide us in the right direction. Unfortunately,they can occur without prior warning and despite having a solid contingency plan in place. Been there. Done that.

It has only been within the past few years that I have truly learned to embrace the wisdom which can come from challenges and unforeseen delays. A few years ago, several challenges swept into my life and seemed to take …

I am a bougie girl: Bold Statement Necklace

This necklace requires some sass and a little fashion imagination