Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Freewriting Series: Rusted Out Boundaries


 The chain link fence pictured in this post was not always rusty and crooked. Once upon a time it gleamed proudly and stood tall.  Quite a change from the image here.  Harsh elements and neglect are most likely the cause of its current condition.

My boundaries with certain people used to look just like this chain link fence. I kept telling myself that it was alright to let longtime associates disregard my boundaries. I surmised that our long association excused their bad behavior towards me and vice and versa.

These days, I am able to acknowledge that it is up to me to make sure that my boundaries with people do not end up damaged from neglect and corrosion.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Bougie Girl