Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Freewriting Series: Faded Arrows


I was strolling through the park last week, when my eye caught this arrow. I just had to snap a photo of it. This arrow symbolizes the direction in which I was supposed to go. At first glance, the arrow looks so official and more than a bit intimidating.

However, upon further inspection, I noticed the arrow's faded appearance.  At the end of the day, the arrow  is just a harmless relic of what might have been. 

We all have stories of our own faded arrow. It is a worn out dream which needs to be relinquished, the dead relationship which we still clutch closely to our hearts, or the job which we have long outgrown.

Occasionally, I glance upon my faded arrows, but I am careful not to let them distract me from my current journey.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Bougie Girl