Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Frenemies Series: An Open Letter to Entitlement


 


In my earlier posts in the Frenemies series, I discussed Delusion, Insecurity, Neediness, and Hateration. Writing about these Frenemies forced me to be mindful about not allowing them to creep back into my own life. I struggle with keeping them at bay as much as the next person. 

Dear Entitlement,

Do you remember me?  I was the little black girl with crazy hair and a wacky home life. Yeah, I used to work really hard in school and I rarely got recognized for being intelligent.  Somehow, I did manage to get through college and even a disastrous year of law school. You told me that everything would be alright if I just remembered that no one deserved success more than I did. You convinced me that I was entitled to always get my way to make up for all of the times in which I was wronged in the past.
I recall that you assisted in getting me fitted for the chip that I had firmly lodged in my shoulder after years of being scapegoated during college and the early years of my career. A few years ago, I had the chip removed because I found that it was doing me more harm than good. After the chip was removed, I noticed that I began winning awards in my career. Coincidence? Probably not.

Enough about me. I am really worried about the message that you are sending our young people. You are telling them that the world owes them something because they are here. This is not good for our society as a whole.  Kids need to develop a strong work ethic no matter  their socio-economic class. Otherwise, they turn into lazy a** adults whom expect to be constantly bailed out of all their messes by their family.

I also take issue with how you are encouraging women to live la vida delusional when it comes to relationships. Why are you telling them that they are entitled to be loved and cherished no matter how nasty and manipulative they act towards their significant others? In addition, you are also not doing the men any favors by telling them that their rakish behavior still entitles them to have a good woman by their side.

Your scheming and plotting is making it easier for The Loser Spirit to invade households where innocent children reside. Shame on you for that!

In closing, I would like to offer you a less than good natured warning. Stay away from me Entitlement. You and I ain't homies anymore.

Regards,

Bougie Girl

RELATED POSTS

The Loser Spirit Series: Children and the Loser Spirit
The Loser Spirit: 11 Characteristics Found in Loser Spirit Relationships


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Bougie Girl