Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Photo Op: The Link Between Love and Self-Respect


I used to gripe about dating men whom made me choose between self-respect and being in a relationship with them. In the end, I always chose self-respect.  

Yet, sometimes in  more vulnerable moments... I second-guessed my decision.

Perhaps, being in a toxic relationship was better than being single.

What was wrong with me that I would choose to be alone, instead of happily flaunting a toxic relationship like others in my social circle?

Staying in the toxic relationship would have guaranteed a date on Saturday night and a +1 on a RSVP response.

Yet, in order to do so, I would have to pack away my self-respect.

Ultimately, not worth the sacrifice.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Bougie Girl