Skip to main content

Toxicity Alert: The 5 Types of Folks Whom Drag Us Down

 
Below are the 5 types of toxic people to avoid when you seek to raise your game up to a whole 'notha level:

  1. Anchorweights are people whom drag you down. In other words, you will always have limited success until you get rid of your anchorweight. Anchorweights are notorious for manipulating you into rescuing them from their world of perpetual bad decisions. They live in a quagmire of irresponsibility and somethin'-for-nuthinitis. The higher you climb, the more they drag you down into their neverending realm of BS. 
  2. Chronic blamers have a disease called "it's not my faulitis". In the world of a chronic blamer, it is always someone else's fault. They rarely take responsibility for anything. Instead, they spend a majority of the time being stuck in the past. Please also note that a chronic blamer  is not above selling you out to save their own skin. 
  3. Frenemies are to be avoided at all costs. Sometimes, it is difficult to identify your frenemies are.Often times they are folks whom once shared a true friendship with you. However, over time their   resentment and jealousy towards you turned them into saboteurs. These are the most dangerous of the toxic people, because you never see what they are up to until it is too late. (I have dealt with a whole friends turned frenemies thing and it is not pleasant. Luckily, I am a resilient person and sneak attacks from frenemies never took me out of commission for very long.)
  4. Cult leader wannabes demand total fanatical loyalty from their flock. You can often find these folks holding themselves out as mentors. Granted, they are intelligent, however their controlling tendencies will keep you caught up in a whirl of silly psychodrama. Psychodrama is bad for your brand.
  5. Co-signors will tell you what you want to hear no matter what. Most likely, because you are probably paying their way and they do not want to jeopardize your goodwill by telling you the truth. A co-signor will not speak up when you are headed down the wrong road. Instead, they will watch you go over the edge, shrug their shoulders casually, and move onto the next shiny object. Co-signors are all about instant gratification. They are unable to handle anything more than that.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writer's Nook Envy

I am in the process of creating a Writer's Nook for my townhouse. This task is so  Gen X/hipstery that I feel a little sheepish about even blogging about it. Yet, it must be mentioned because this simple task has turned into a huge undertaking.

My new townhouse has a spacious basement which upon first glance seemed like a great place to set up an office and a workshop. Setting up the work table and supplies went pretty smoothly.

However, the drafty basement has proved to be a not so great location for my writer's nook. Also, it is a windowless space which after awhile made me feel as though I was in some sort of lock down situation.

So, I moved my writer's nook upstairs and this space is definitely more conducive for working. Though, my makeshift printer tables pushed together a long with the dining room chair screams "first apartment out of college chic".

At age 41, I would like to move past that decor and into something a lot more sophisticated.

Alas, cash flo…

Lots Of Irons In My Fire...

The past few months have been hectic in a good way. Years of personal growth, soul searching, and planning have come to fruition. Though, everything is not completely in place yet. I am definitely moving in the right direction.

I know this because the obstacles which were firmly in my way before seem to be stepping aside for me. The Universe seems to have given its blessing to this more evolved path that I am walking. Of course, this is not to say that there will not be challenges along the way.

But, I have learned over the years how not to allow challenges to become permanent barriers. Challenges are meant to guide us in the right direction. Unfortunately,they can occur without prior warning and despite having a solid contingency plan in place. Been there. Done that.

It has only been within the past few years that I have truly learned to embrace the wisdom which can come from challenges and unforeseen delays. A few years ago, several challenges swept into my life and seemed to take …

I am a bougie girl: Bold Statement Necklace

This necklace requires some sass and a little fashion imagination