Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, June 24, 2011

The Subtle Apology

 
The email came as a surprise to me. My first reaction was skepticism. I had given this person the benefit of the doubt and it proved to be unwise on my part.

Looking back, we both acted immature and the whole thing seems so ridiculous now. Yet, at the time, it was a matter of principle and I refused to back down. We both headed to separate parts of the country and I forgot entirely about this person. Until, I received the email. Reading through it, I experienced flashes of  both anger and annoyance.

Then, I reminded myself that life is too short to hold onto grudges. This email was an obvious attempt on the other person's part to make amends. Instead of stewing over ancient history, I decided to accept the email for what was and keep it pushin'.

I replied to the email, wished the person well, and closed another chapter to my past.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Bougie Girl