Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Bougie Girl In The Kitchen: Variations on a Simple Country Breakfast

 

As a born and bred Midwesterner, I have great memories of country breakfasts which consisted of bacon, eggs, pancakes, potatoes, and fruit of some type. All of us would gather around the table and bask in the goodness of a down home meal.

Life can become too hectic on the weekends for us to indulge in preparing a huge labor-intensive breakfast. However, we can create the  delicious magic of a simple country breakfast without spending too much time toiling over a hot stove.

The key to creating a pared down country breakfast is to limit the menu to 3 dishes. Today, I chose to make pan-seared chopped red potatoes marinated in balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, and Spanish onions. I cooked up some egg whites with scallions and I baked turkey bacon  marinated in tangelo juice.

The total cooking time of this feast is under 1 hour. I will post the recipes for my variation on a simple country breakfast at a later date.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Bougie Girl