Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Bougie Girl In The Kitchen: Mediterranean Brunch Sandwich


 

It is 9 am on a Saturday and I am craving a turkey sandwich. Yet, I also kind of want an omelet.

Luckily for me, I have the ingredients to bring both of my cravings together.

I start off  by adding 1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin olive oil into a small pan over a medium flame. Then, I add the deli turkey meat into the small pan. I let the turkey grill for about five minutes. I remove the turkey from the pan onto a plate. Next, I toss in a pinch of capers and 2 teaspoons of chopped scallions into the pan. I cook the ingredients for 5 minutes over a low flame.

In a separate pan, I add in 1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin olive oil over a medium flame. Then, I pour in 1/4 cup of egg white. I sprinkle cracked black pepper on the egg whites and place a lid over the pan.  I cook the egg whites for 5 to 7 minutes. Afterward, I let the egg whites cool for a couple of minutes and then I slice it in half and place it in a  toasted bagel thin. I add in the deli turkey, capers, scallions, and a slice of asiago cheese.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Bougie Girl