Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Loving You For Your Own Good



I love you because doing so gives you a voice and visibility in the world. I will defend you to the death, not because of a passionate burning love.

It is obligation and fear of the unknown which keeps us bonded together.

Our love is not destined to last a lifetime. Though, we will stay together forever.

Love is just not part of the deal.

Besides, if I do not cherish you then, who will?

Yet, you still crave an undying passion which I will never feel for you. 

You cling to every scrap of attention which I throw your way.

"Why don't you love me?"  You ask.

Tears are flowing down your cheeks.

"I do love you." I reply.

I keep my attention focused solely on the television. I avoid making any eye contact whatsoever.

"No, you felt obligated to help me out. That's not love." You respond softly.

"What more do you want from me?" I ask.

My eyes remain riveted on the television set.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Bougie Girl