Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Bougie Girl In The Kitchen: The Joys of Turkey Bacon


 

Three years ago, I discovered the joys of cooking and eating turkey bacon. At first, I was skeptical about making the switch from pork to turkey bacon. I love the way pork bacon tastes. Its salty and smoky flavor can make me go weak in the knees with each bite.

However, in an effort to lower my cholesterol I made the switch from pork to turkey bacon.

Admittedly, turkey bacon on its own did not exactly set my taste buds  ablaze...until I unlocked the secrets of flavoring it.

Wanna add some texture and weight to your meals?

Lightly marinate turkey bacon  in balsamic vinegar and any type of  citrus juice. Lie it on an aluminum foil lined cookie sheet. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes. Let cool for a couple of minutes. Next, chop it up and add it to salads, pasta dishes, casseroles, omelets, pot stickers, grill cheese sandwiches, or even soups.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Bougie Girl