Skip to main content

Burning Daylight

 

Three doors stand before us. The first one is to the past, the second one is to the present,  and the third is to the future. The door to the past is closed and padlocked. The door to the present is wide open. The door to the future is slightly ajar.

Our first instinct is to yank the door to the past open. We tell ourselves that we only want to review a memory or two. Only, that is not our intention at all.  We really want to escape back in time to avoid our present woes. We want to see old friends and ex-flames to show them just how wonderful we are now..or perhaps to utter much-deserved apologies to them.

But, the door to the past is bolted firmly and we are forced to turn our attention elsewhere.

We quickly walk past the door to the present without even glancing its way. Now, we push our way towards the door leading to the future. We want to know what is in store for us. Sure, we could just live in the present and see what happens, but that is going to require self-awareness on our part.

Self-awareness, ultimately leads to being accountable for our own choices. And where is the fun in that?

For now, we can continue to burn more daylight as though we have all the time in the world.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writer's Nook Envy

I am in the process of creating a Writer's Nook for my townhouse. This task is so  Gen X/hipstery that I feel a little sheepish about even blogging about it. Yet, it must be mentioned because this simple task has turned into a huge undertaking.

My new townhouse has a spacious basement which upon first glance seemed like a great place to set up an office and a workshop. Setting up the work table and supplies went pretty smoothly.

However, the drafty basement has proved to be a not so great location for my writer's nook. Also, it is a windowless space which after awhile made me feel as though I was in some sort of lock down situation.

So, I moved my writer's nook upstairs and this space is definitely more conducive for working. Though, my makeshift printer tables pushed together a long with the dining room chair screams "first apartment out of college chic".

At age 41, I would like to move past that decor and into something a lot more sophisticated.

Alas, cash flo…

Lots Of Irons In My Fire...

The past few months have been hectic in a good way. Years of personal growth, soul searching, and planning have come to fruition. Though, everything is not completely in place yet. I am definitely moving in the right direction.

I know this because the obstacles which were firmly in my way before seem to be stepping aside for me. The Universe seems to have given its blessing to this more evolved path that I am walking. Of course, this is not to say that there will not be challenges along the way.

But, I have learned over the years how not to allow challenges to become permanent barriers. Challenges are meant to guide us in the right direction. Unfortunately,they can occur without prior warning and despite having a solid contingency plan in place. Been there. Done that.

It has only been within the past few years that I have truly learned to embrace the wisdom which can come from challenges and unforeseen delays. A few years ago, several challenges swept into my life and seemed to take …

I am a bougie girl: Bold Statement Necklace

This necklace requires some sass and a little fashion imagination